Thursday, April 27, 2006

The day we went to Manly

We decided to spend a weekend in the big city, to get away from the endless happiness of living in the bush. Not content to crawl around the suburbs, we headed straight for the biggest expression of Nature's power in Sydney - the Harbour. And we took a ferry to Manly where we did little else but sit and watch Xavier playing in the sand. It was a coolish day, but he enjoyed getting wet. I amused myself taking photographs of the water. I am in awe of the immense power of water. In future posts i will be revealing the stunning info we have been gathering about water. (It has intelligence. It can hear you. It responds to our emotions and thoughts. We have proof.)
Homer tells us Ulysses sailed over the 'wine dark sea'. Ulysses is a symbol of everyman's journey through life, searching for himself. What will he do if he every finds himself?
The wild ocean never rests. It is all energy and thrust. It's very male. Yet it is the womb from which all terrestrial life emerged.


Every wave is a time/space event which emerges, peaks, and fades away. Like people. We are like waves upon the ocean, we enjoy a brief existence. Then return to the universal source.
Children have a natural affinity with the shoreline. It calls to them, "Come play with me." Some it takes to its bosom. The sea is a jealous mother - she takes what she can get.
What a grand mother my Louisa turned out to be. If ever I need proof that God loves me, I can think of her.
Sand, robbed of a few tonal dimensions and boosted in others. I love the Abstract Expressionists - especially Jackson Pollock. Nature is as good as Jackson. I think I have found my visual art form. Found art. Significant moments. Visually manipulated. I was taught photography at college by an Abstract Realist painter who would paint small sections of an object in a way that presented a beautiful composition, yet revealed to the viewer willing to inspect it closely that it was part of a larger whole. I find the spirit of things in their tiny abstracted parts.

No comments: