Monday, December 10, 2007

The colour of Climate Change

In the wake of a major thunderstorm that hit Port Stephens while I was there to help some friends with a marketing challenge.

The rain was still belting down, but the thunder and lightening had abated when we arrived at Salamander Bay. For a few moments there was this eerie light washing over this picture post card scene.


The talented "kids" who own, run and are employed by MercerBell have worked out a way to run successful direct response campaigns while building brand values (traditionally something that direct marketers could not do.) They are fine tuning their messages and I am a message fine tuner.

David, The Bell of MercerBell, was the first art director when I started in the ad business at Ogilvy & Mather. He says nice things about me when introducing me to audiences.

"Animals taste good" is a wonderful T-shirt slogan. I also believe it. I wrote a song called "Eating Animals Is Cool". The last verse goes:

'Vegetarians are insane if they think plants don't feel pain.
They enjoy being killed as much as ducks and pigs and such.
Don't look down your noses at the carnivores.
At least they're honest about all the death they cause."

Vegetarians should read The Secret Life of Plants.

No comments: